International Leadership Development
Leadership Development - In order you are Internationally in the lead
- You are responsible for the business of your company to another country?
- Are you faced with a major negotiating with foreign business partners?
- Do you have to lead a team whose members are from different cultural backgrounds?
- Are you prepared for a leadership position abroad?
Each of these situations will face you with new challenges and raises a number of questions:
- How can you lead your culturally diverse team to success?
- How can you ensure the motivation of employees in a team with different cultural values?
- W How you can collaborate effectively with your international colleagues on the management level?
- How do you adjust to a culturally diverse environment?
- How can you develop strategic objectives for change processes?
- How can you define your goals and enforce them to your business partners, colleagues and employees abroad? See also: OBJECTIVES and PRIORITIES
- And: which communication styles are relevant to do this? Depending on the cultural environment, each level requires a variety of different communication strategies.
What do you gain from the Leadership Training Courses of SIA Consult?
An inter-cultural successfull leadership style must combine several factors. Thus, both the cultural background of the manager and the employees play an important role. Added to this is the actual situation, the specific role of the manager and - last but not least - the individual personalities of all concerned. An international leadership can only be successful, when it overcomes the conflicts between all these factors. This is difficult without professional guidance and support. We do assist managers therefore in their process of developing a personal style of leadership, which brings together these factors. This is done in three steps:
Successful leadership in three steps:
- In practical exercices you get to j´know better you own leadership style,
- You recognize which particular skills and abilities an international active executive needs, and which ones you already possess and which ones you may still have to develop.
- You will find out which style of leadership is predominant in the culture of your business partners and employees. These include the following:
- how are communication- and decision-making-processes run?
- what kind of feedback is accepted in the respective culture, which is considered to be inappropriate and what reactions you may encounter?
- how can conflicts be identified and resolved?
- which factors of motivation are effective in the other culture?
- In addition, we are talking about the basis for successful business: trust. What are the rules, measures and means of cultural adequate trust-building?
- You do learn which leadership qualities and skills can influence the effectiveness of an international high-performance team.
- Together we develop strategies on how you can overcome a possible discrepancy between your personal style and the expected management style within your business environment .
Contact us and find out how a personally tailored training course for you or your staff could look like?